What? Has it only been 6 weeks since our Spring 2012 Kick-Off? A lot has happened and there is a lot coming up in the month of March. Let’s do a quick recap and see what’s in store for Women in Business, shall we?
At our Kick-Off, Dr. Gardner emphasized the benefits of not only being a member of a student organization, but to be an active member. Filling in the gaps of our committee are a few dynamic men and women who stepped up to help contribute to committees, such as:
– Newsletter: who completed the first issue of our newsletter. Check out the first issue here!
– Shirts and Totes: from designing to finding vendors to getting the best rates, it’s more work than you think!
– Member Appreciation Banquet: location and time set! Now to keep within budget – committee…go, go, go!
– Relay for Life: team created and beginning to think up of interesting fundraisers to raise funds to fight cancer
– Women’s Conference: from getting quotes on food, finding sponsors, to designing flyer and marketing, we are well on our way to our first women’s conference!
-March 18. 10-11:30am. Dynamic Dance & Fitness, 8829 Sheldon Road, Suite 140, Elk Grove – Fundraiser dedicated to help fund our Women’s Conference. $12.
-March 27. 6:30pm. Amador Hall 152 – General Meeting with a Guest Speaker: Jennifer Phillips (Human Resources)
-March 29. 6-8pm. 7660 La Riviera Drive, Sacramento – Mountain Mike’s Pizza Fundraiser; no flyer needed. Just mention you’re there for Women in Business! This fundraiser will help support our organization.
-March 31. 9am-3pm. Hinde Auditorium, University Union – 2012 Women’s Conference. More information on our first conference here!